As a route driver, you are an invaluable part of our team. Each day, you’ll deliver our quality products to the businesses, institutions, and customers we so proudly serve. You’re the face of our company, meeting customer needs and resolving their problems. Our route drivers take to the roads in straight-trucks loaded with compressed gas cylinders, liquid cylinders, and other hard goods, providing exceptional customer service for intermittent and recurring deliveries.
World Class Benefits
Your contributions to our operations are what keep us going. We take every chance to see that you love being part of the nexAir team.
At nexAir, you’ll receive competitive, fair compensation for your talents and your contributions.
Comprehensive Retirement Plan
We’re committed to building a lifelong working relationship with you. We’ll help you plan for your future.
Full Insurance Coverage
Your wellbeing matters. We offer full dental, medical, and vision insurance to support your total health.
Noteworthy Vacation & Leave
You work hard and you deserve a healthy work-life balance. We support your life outside nexAir.
Take charge of your career path and further your education. We support your educational endeavors.
A Culture of Growth and Development
At nexAir, your unique talents are what enable our customers to Forge Forward. We serve a broad range of clients across industries throughout the Southeast, and our customers depend on our KnowHow™ to support their operations day in and day out. But we understand that the key to a strong business is the team that makes it all happen. That’s why our focus is on building a rich, diverse culture that lifts up our work family.
We can’t wait to nurture your professional growth and share our industry-leading benefits with you. Why? We value your contributions. We want to see you thrive. We care about your future. When you succeed, we succeed.
Job Responsibilities: The Details
Our route drivers are the key to delivering the products our customers rely on throughout the Southeast. They are careful, attentive, and take pride in their job responsibilities:
- Safely uploading, delivering, and downloading hard goods orders and cylinders containing compressed gases to our customers.
- Collecting and returning empty cylinders to our facilities for refilling.
- Maintaining load manifests and essential vehicle documents, ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
- Establishing and nurturing friendly, positive customer relationships through open communication.
- Providing information to customers regarding cost, ordering and delivery times, and more.
- Identifying and monitoring customer needs to maintain proper hard goods and cylinder levels to reduce or eliminate emergency deliveries.
- Operating a forklift, pallet jack, and other warehouse equipment.
- Ensuring all safety rules are strictly observed.
Who We’re Looking For: The Qualifications
Our company culture is fast-paced and positive, and we are looking for route drivers who are ready to hit the road and serve our customers. We are looking for:
- A driven professional with a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- An experienced driver with at least one year of driving experience
- A license holder with CDL A or B with HAZMAT requirements and a clean MVR driving record
- A driven employee who meets all physical qualification standards as set by the DOT
- A detail-oriented individual who can read and adhere to Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- A task-oriented professional who has the flexibility to work overtime as needed
- A team player who works well in a group and is devoted, loyal, and values integrity
While performing the essential duties of this job, our route drivers are regularly required to stand and walk on concrete for an extended period, bend, use their hands and arms, and must be able to regularly handle cylinders weighing 150 pounds, up to a maximum of 600 pounds. Route drivers also occasionally work near moving mechanical parts and hazardous materials and are regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risks of electrical shock. Our route driving team members are regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
Committed to Equality
Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)