nexAir showcases nexTrack technologies

by | Nov 13, 2020

Reprinted from Molly Burgess | Gas World

Memphis-based nexAir is utilizing three different systems in its operations, in order to increase efficiency and enhance customer service.

Collectively titled nexTrack, the technologies include Roadnet, Advanced Cylinder Management, and TIMS Electronic Delivery.

The response to the implementation of the new technologies has been positive and now, nexAir has over 4,500 customers registered in nexTrack.


Roadnet allows customers to see in real-time when their products are going to be delivered and ensures the product gets to the right location at the right time.

The customer receives notifications providing them with ETA windows, updates on delays, and delivery confirmation.

Advanced Cylinder Management (ACM)

ACM allows nexAir to keep track of all of its assets across plants, branches, and customer sites. All cylinders, including industrial and medical, and dry ice boxes receive unique identification numbers and barcodes so that they can be scanned throughout the cylinder’s life cycle, from plant to branch to customer and back.

TIMS Electronic Delivery (TED)

TED allows drivers to go paperless and update order/delivery tickets at customer sites. The system allows the driver to update a customer’s PO, delivery quantities, and lot numbers while on-site. All changes made are reflected on the customer’s delivery receipt.

The system also allows the driver to make changes to their route if an emergency arises, or if a customer scheduled for later in the day needs to be serviced sooner. The driver can reschedule an order or create a future order to meet customers’ changing needs. Proof of delivery can now be emailed or printed on-site (or both) from the driver’s mobile device.

Delivery receipts are loaded into nexAirNow at the time of delivery. Currently, 75% of nexAir’s orders are being delivered in TED, with the other 25% making up will call or freight line orders.

Commenting on the technologies, Steve Hopkins, a driver for nexAir, states, “I have less paperwork to deal with now. I only need to sign once when I log in, and my signature goes on every order that I deliver. Keeping up with lot numbers is a whole lot easier now that I just need to scan it in the order.”

“When I’m finished making a delivery, I can email the receipt to the customer without having to ever make physical contact with [them]. I just depart my stop, and then I can use the built-in access to Google Maps to guide me to my next stop.”