What is a welding positioner?
A welding positioner is a piece of equipment that holds and moves the part under a stationary torch. This device was designed with the welder’s comfort in mind by allowing them to stand in one position while doing their job. The positioner can rotate up to 360 degrees, forming a plane of rotation that is perpendicular to the floor. Everything can be adjusted straight from the welding positioner and it can rotate at fast speeds while supporting a significant amount of weight. Welding is a physically demanding job, and the welding positioner helps eliminate some of the fatigue that they typically face while performing their day-to-day tasks.
Benefits of Using a Welding Positioner
When discussing the welding positioner, there are quite a few key benefits to point out. Here are some of the more notable ones:
- Reduced Fatigue: As previously mentioned, the design of this piece of equipment allows the worker to stand in one position. Decreasing the strain and improving their productivity. The positioner is completely customizable and can be adjusted to their height and level of comfort.
- Safety: Because the workpiece being welded is anchored well into the positioner, it cannot move, preventing uncontrolled motion. This eliminates some of the major dangers when it comes to welding heavy items and materials.
- Improved Quality: The setting of the positioner produces high-quality welds, resulting in very low chances of error by a welder.
Who can use a welding positioner?
Welding positioners can be a great benefit to various industries such as:
- Construction Equipment
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Trailer (Semi and Recreational)
- Military Defense
- Recreational Vehicles (RV)
- Boat Industry
- Power Generation
- Lift Truck
At nexAir, we are here to help you Forge Forward!
When it comes to welding and welding equipment, our team is full of industry-experienced experts. When you make a purchase with us, you are investing in more than just the tool. What you are getting is the support that you need when something goes wrong, the answers you need when you have questions – big or small – and a whole team behind you rooting for your success. Ready to get started? Feel free to reach out to us and let’s Forge Forward together! Thank you for choosing nexAir as your welding and welding services provider!
Looking out for your future
Get your career going on the right track with nexAir
Industry Knowledge and Expertise
Find out how nexAir KnowHow has impacted businesses all over the Southeast
nexAir in the news
Our expertise makes us more than a valuable partner, it makes us headlines
nexAir is always open!
Don't see what you're looking for?
Everything we offer is a click away and it will arrive before you know it.