Top Uses of Argon Gas
Argon gas is a colorless, odorless, and non-toxic gas that is found in the Earth’s atmosphere. It is the third most abundant gas in the atmosphere, making up about 0.9% of the air we breathe. Argon gas has many uses across various industries. At nexAir, we are reliable and constant suppliers of this very important, and vital, gas. Lean into our KnowHow to learn more about what argon could be used for, to help you continue to Forge Forward. Here are some of the top uses of argon gas:
- Welding: Argon gas is used in the welding process to create a protective shield around the weld area. This shield prevents oxygen and nitrogen from entering the weld area, which can cause the weld to become weak and brittle. Argon gas also helps to create a smoother weld and reduces the risk of porosity.
- Lighting: Argon is often of great use in fluorescent and neon lighting. The gas helps to create a brighter light and also helps to reduce the amount of energy used.
- Refrigeration: Argon can be used in refrigeration systems to help keep food and other items cold. The gas helps to reduce the amount of energy used and also helps to reduce the amount of condensation that can form on the inside of the refrigerator.
- Medical: Argon gas is used in medical applications such as cryosurgery and laser surgery. The gas helps to reduce the amount of heat generated during the procedure and also helps to reduce the risk of infection.
- Research: Argon is also used in research laboratories to help create a safe environment for experiments. The gas helps to reduce the risk of explosions and also helps to reduce the amount of oxygen in the environment.
- Aerospace: Argon can also be used in the aerospace industry to weld special alloys. It is an ideal substance due to its versatility. Because argon is an inert gas, it can be used in the absence of oxygen and nitrogen for heat treating processes.
These are just a few of the top uses of argon gas. Argon is a versatile and useful gas that has many applications across a variety of industries. At nexAir, we provide our customers with a high quality and constant supply of argon gas for their businesses and projects. Our gases are available in cylinders, bulk, micro bulk, and liquid forms – ensuring that every team and project has the ability to Forge Forward, with every delivery. If you are interested in signing up for a steady supply of argon – or any of our gases – please contact us today. We can’t wait to meet you and get started!
Looking out for your future
Get your career going on the right track with nexAir
Industry Knowledge and Expertise
Find out how nexAir KnowHow has impacted businesses all over the Southeast
nexAir in the news
Our expertise makes us more than a valuable partner, it makes us headlines
nexAir is always open!
Don't see what you're looking for?
Everything we offer is a click away and it will arrive before you know it.