Benefits of Dry Ice Blasting
Benefits of Dry Ice Blasting
Dry ice blasting, just like many other forms of media blasting mostly referred to as “sandblasting,” works by using compressed air and dry ice. We at nexAir provide answers to your questions: What is dry ice blasting? Why is it practical, and what are the benefits of using dry ice blasting?
What is Dry Ice Blasting?
Dry ice blasting is a non-damaging method of cleaning and getting rid of unwanted materials like paint or dirt on surfaces. It’s widely used industrially and commercially with dry ice as the cleaning agent. Dry ice is carbon dioxide in its solid form at a temperature of -78 degrees Celsius. It entails cleaning a surface with dry ice pellets and compressed air.
Benefits of Dry Ice Blasting (Effective, Environmentally Friendly and Clean)
Dry Ice Blasting is a cost-effective means of cleaning your industrial equipment by saving your time and money while still promoting a successful, easy, and non-energy consuming cleaning and safety culture at your business. Our staff at nexAir are trained professionals who proactively work with you and your business to help you to become more efficient, improve margins, and help your business grow. The unique KnowHow of our professionals is a crucial component of the services we offer that help our customers and their companies Forge Forward.
- A Non-Abrasive, Non-Conductive, and Dry Process: Dry ice pellets vaporize immediately. Once they touch the surface to be cleaned, they turn to gas, leaving no residue. Dry ice cleaning is a dry process, so pieces of equipment that are easily damaged or broken can be cleaned easily. The reduction in the value of such equipment is avoided since surfaces are treated gently. With nexAir KnowHow, staff will be trained on how to carry out the cleaning process gently.
- No Waste Disposal: Cleaning with dry ice leaves no waste products, only the remains of the original unwanted materials and contaminants are removed after the cleaning process.
- Personnel Safety: Staff are not exposed to harmful chemicals and by-products. Dry ice blasting is completely non-toxic and does not produce any harmful by-products nor does it contribute to green house effects making it also environmentally friendly.
- Improved Productivity: The company’s equipment can be cleaned while routine operations are in progress. It prevents the slow progression of production activities that comes with dismantling equipment before cleaning.
- Fast and Effective: The extremely high cleaning speed and a broad range of nozzles make it simple to clean inaccessible equipment and items quickly.
- Microorganisms Decontamination: Dry ice blasting can eliminate bacteria like Salmonella and Escherichia coli from various surfaces like stainless steel, ceramic tile, and food-grade plastics. This can be very useful for food and beverage companies.
Our team at nexAir, is highly equipped to answer all your questions related to dry ice blasting. We are able to provide quality materials (such as dry ice and other gases) to your company for smooth running operations, ultimately helping you Forge Forward.
Looking out for your future
Get your career going on the right track with nexAir
Industry Knowledge and Expertise
Find out how nexAir KnowHow has impacted businesses all over the Southeast
nexAir in the news
Our expertise makes us more than a valuable partner, it makes us headlines
nexAir is always open!
Don't see what you're looking for?
Everything we offer is a click away and it will arrive before you know it.